Direct Line: 2237052 / Trunk Lines: 2241465, 2241466 Loc. 112,113 and 114
Emergency Hotline: +673-729-1316 For Processing of Employment Contracts, OEC.

Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) :
Direct Line: 2225526 / Trunk Lines: 2241465, 2241466 Loc. 116 and 119
Emergency Hotline: +673-729-1315 For OWWA Membership and Services, Enforcement of Labor Contracts.

Social Security System (SSS):
Direct Line: 2221173 / Trunk Line: 2241465, 2241466 Loc. 122


The Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is a requirement under the rules and regulations of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) to help ensure that overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) are properly documented and protected.

The OEC, sometimes also called the “exit pass,” is required to be presented to international ports of exit in the Philippines as proof that the holder is a bona fide OFW. It is thus necessary when a Household Service Worker (HSW), or any OFW, goes back to the Philippines for home leave, if he/she intends to return back to the country of employment.

OEC holders are exempted from paying the travel tax and the airport terminal fee.

For OFWs in Brunei, there are two ways of applying for the OEC. The first is in the Philippines, and the second is in Brunei.

Applying in the Philippines

Applying for the OEC in the Philippines has been made more convenient by POEA with the launch of an online appointment system on 5 November 2012. OFWs can get an appointment by accessing the POEA website at Click here to access the Balik-Manggagawa OEC system, where you can choose the location to get the OEC.

To avoid long queues for the OEC application, the POEA has put up counters at the following:

(1) POEA main office in Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City;

(2) Duty Free Philippines in Parañaque City;

(3) SM-Manila near Manila City Hall; and

(4) Trinoma Mall in Quezon City.

If you are staying in the Philippines for five (5) days or less, you can get the OEC at the Labor Assistance Counter of the airport terminal.

For OFWs staying in the provinces, you can walk-in at the POEA Regional Offices nearest your place without making an appointment. For a list of regional offices, click here.